- What is life coaching?
- Coaching, as defined by the ICF, is "partnering with you in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires you to maximize your personal and professional potential." Life coaching is about recognizing and honoring you as an expert in your life and working with you with the belief that you have the potential within you. Coaching will help you bring out that potential as you empower yourself to grow and transform. Here's another definition of coaching (from The Conscious Coaching Collective): "Coaching supports personal and professional growth based on self-initiated change in pursuit of specific actionable outcomes linked to personal and professional success. Coaching is future focused. The emphasis in a coaching relationship is on action, accountability and follow through."
- What's the difference between therapy and life coaching?
- Therapy often focuses on the past (although some theories like cognitive behavioral therapy and solution focused therapy don't) while coaching does not (although it might pop up once in a while). Therapy focuses on symptoms and mental health diagnoses, while coaching does not. Therapy deals with healing pain, dysfunction and conflict within an individual or in relationships, while coaching does not. Please note that while I am a trained counselor, I will not be offering therapy. If we discuss and realize you would benefit with therapy in conjunction with coaching, then I can help you find someone as I cannot offer you both therapy and coaching at the same time. This is based on the ICF code of ethics for coaches which I follow.
- What's the cost for your coaching services
- I offer different packages which I can discuss more with you when you book your call.
I look forward to speaking with you!
"A person is a fluid process, not a fixed and static entity; a flowing river of change, not a block of solid material; a continually changing constellation of potentialities, not a fixed quantity of traits."
~ Carl Rogers
~ Carl Rogers